Friday, May 16, 2008

Spring Onion Paratha - For Roti Mela


With my kid taking away all my time, nowadays our weeknight dinner has become endless saga of dosa's. Just put some extra effort on the weekend and you have the week's dinner ready. It seems like ages since I made roti's or chappati's for dinner.

When I came across the Roti Mela, thought why not make something different for this friday night (of course late dinner :) ).

Although Iam a big fan of stuffed paratha's, I rarely make them. Somehow I could not make it right every time I try to make one. So I always choose to mix the stuffing directly to the flour while kneading be it methi, mooli or any other vegetables.This time I decided to use Spring onions.

Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour

3 sprigs of spring onion

1/2 tsp chili powder

1/2 tsp jeera power

2 tblsp olive oil

salt to taste

Method:


Mix all the ingredients and knead the flour by adding water little by little into a tight dough.


Knead well, cover with a plastic wrap and allow it to rest for an hour.


Roll out into roti's and cook them on a tawa turning both sides till brown spots appear on both sides. Serve it with any curry and a dollop of yogurt.






2 comments:

Srivalli said...

Sumi, that looks wonderful..thank you for the lovely entry!

Purnima said...

Sumi..loved ur space here, the food n cakes (thomas train) r amazing! Am trying out this paratha for tonight..thanks a lot for sharing, happy blogging n hope to come over more often.

Related Posts with Thumbnails